Monday, April 6, 2009

The Case of the Missing Toothbrush

Sometimes I come home to find my roommate has cleaned something.  This wouldn't be so weird if she actually lived at our apartment, but about two weeks into the semester she started disappearing for long periods of time, supposedly staying at her mom's place in Enoch.  Every once in a while I come back from a weekend at my parents' to find her sheets in a crumpled mess, or ripped off completely, maybe being washed somewhere, maybe being made into clothing for gypsy children, who knows?  I am just glad that the gypsies leave my sheets alone.

Other than these occasional attacks on her sheets, I see her face every few weeks as she comes to rotate some of her clothing.  If I had so much clothing that I could keep my closets nicely dressed in two places, I would be more worried than if gypsies stole my sheets (which leaves me to wonder why the gypsies don't just steal her clothes in the first place).

Today I came home from school, happy to see the toilet I'd cleaned that morning, when I look over and see that her side of the sink is sparkling, and her toothbrush is missing.  I think--didn't she tell me last week that she was going to start living here again?  If she is, she apparently does not need clean teeth to do so, only a clean sink.  It is quite possible that she used the toothbrush to clean it, as I don't see any evidence of paper towels or dirty rags.  Or maybe the gypsies felt bad about taking her toothbrush, so they used her pillowcases to wipe up her side of the sink  It is a mystery.

No comments: